|I made a few different colors|
Now for adding a surface design.
I got my inspiration for this egg from the design on a cookbook cover that is shown in the photo. I think it will look great on the green.
We will be using a variety of colored wool and our Size 40 triangle needle which is finer and great for detail work.
1. Get all your supplies ready and the image of the pattern you like.
2. Take a small piece of the wool (a little goes further than you think) and start attaching it with your needle. I usually start in the center to keep the wool in place, then work on the outline of the shape so this doesn't move. Then I can really work on attaching the wool securely.
3. Keep on adding to your design. Here you can see the flower I am copying.
4. Shading really adds depth to your design. Here I have started to add a deeper blue to some of the petals. Simple work over the top with your shading color, leaving some of the 1st color showing.
5. Start adding detail to your design once you have the basic shape applied.
6. To add lines twist a piece of wool with your fingers until it looks like string. Then simply lay it where you want it to go and start attaching it with your needle. You can twist it very fine for really intricate detail.
7. Keep on following your design.
8. Here is an example if making fine lines.
9. Fill in your design until it is how you want it to look.
10. When you are finished go over the whole egg with your needle so the background color is flat with your design.
Tip - You can carefully trim any stray fibers with a pair of scissors
And thats it.
You can put any thing you like as your design. I sometimes copy a design I like or simply make one up.
Have fun felting!