Monday, 4 April 2011

Cats, Unicorns and pendants

It seems so many things have been happening this week.
Apart from getting ready for our big move my cat has had 5 kittens.






It was big shock when we discovered she was pregnant as she is only 7 months old. All the kittens are all black or black and white so they are kind of hard to see in this photo.








I have finally ventured into using wire frames for my needle felting. My first project was a rabbit which I am very pleased with.  I am now working on a Unicorn which I am really enjoying. I have modeled it on a toy horse from my children's farm yard set. I still have more work to do but I am loving  its shape.








As you may already know I am a big fan of fabric covered beads. I have a few ones left from other projects  and am thinking of new ways to use them. This one has a chain tassel that I think really sets it off.




I thought I'd show you a pair of earrings I made just for me. I love Tibetan jewelry, especially the coral and turquoise pieces. I have used Turquoise in a sliver setting for these earrings and added Red Coral, Turquoise and Yellow opal chips. I love them.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog - I especially like your Matrioshki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love the Tibetan-esque jewelry. I'm a big fan of Tibetan malas with coral and turquoise.
    I'm wondering how you like working with armatures?

    ReplyDelete