Wednesday, 6 April 2011

It's that time of year again









Everyone in my house is crazy about strawberry season. We are just starting to see them in the shops again and it is heavenly.







I have needle felted each strawberry from 100% merino wool. I didn't realize how time consuming making strawberries would be when I started this project. 
I started with a core of creamy white wool and then added the juiciest red color in my stash.
The seeds are individually felted on next using the tiniest tufts of pale yellow wool.
Finally the tops are cut out of 100% wool felt and I have needle felted color variation and the stalks.











4 comments:

  1. It's my first go at felting food. I really love them.
    As I have just started a diet you might be seeing lots more super sweet yummy food made from felt in my shop, lol.
    Thanks for the comment!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very good. Good luck with the diet - I like it, making yummy food instead of eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love strawberries too. We live just down the road from a farm that sells the odd shaped ones at the gate. Delicious!Love your felt strawberries.

    ReplyDelete